Home Remedies for Acne Scars
Acne is a common skin condition which affects most of the people especially in their teens and twenties. Although many people can recover from acne easily, some are left with unpleasant acne scars. Some medications and tropical acne scar creams can help to fade acne scars. However many acne scars may need skin resurfacing with combination of some minor laser surgical procedures like microdermabrasion. Besides the medications prescribed by your dermatologist, try these home remedies for acne scars.
Acne Scar Treatment Natural Remedies
- As we all know that prevention is better than cure, this holds true in case of acne too. At all cost avoid picking at scabs before its fully ready. This may interfere with its remolding and healing process underneath and cause a delay in the acne healing process and leave back an ugly scar. Apply fresh Aloe Vera gel over acne to prevent formation of permanent scars.
- Rub a sandalwood stick on a wooden board along with rose water. Apply the derived paste on the acne scars and leave it overnight. Wash your face next morning. This is an excellent home remedy to heal acne scars.
- Apply lemon juice over the acne scars and leave it for 30 minutes before rinsing. Lemon is a natural bleaching agent and thus can help lighten your skin acne scars.
- Apply natural honey over the scars several times a day. This is a very effective remedy to treat acne scars at home.
- Application of vitamin E capsule or cream over the scar on a regular basis will help to get rid of the acne scars in a few weeks. Moreover vitamin E application will also make your skin healthy and glowing.
- Mix one teaspoon lemon juice along with one teaspoon rosewater and one tablespoon fuller’s earth to make a smooth paste. Apply this paste all over the acne scar with your fingers and massage gently for few minutes. Leave the paste on the face until it dries for about 15 to 20 minutes. Apply the paste again only on the scars and leave it for 10 minutes. Rinse your face with cold water and pat it dry. This remedy when practiced on a regular basis will ensure good results.
- Tea tree oil is also a good home remedy for acne scars. Massage small amounts of tea tree oil over the affected region daily before going to bed to get rid of acne scars.
- Lighter scars can easily fade with these home remedies, but sometimes stubborn acne scars may not react at all. Consult a dermatologist for other acne scar treatment options.