Home Remedies for Cystitis
Cystitis refers to the infection and swelling of the urinary bladder. Bacterial infection results in urinary tract infection. Severe infection affects the kidneys, in turn. Cystitis is highly painful and also occurs, as a result of other underlying illnesses.
Bladder infection, due to bacterial invasion is primarily a result of sexual intercourse. Escherichia coli are the main culprit behind bacterial cystitis. Enlargement of the prostate and prolonged usage of catheters in hospitals also result in infection. Drug administration, irritants like feminine sprays, spermicidal jellies and radiation therapy are certain other causative factors of cystitis. Inflammation of the bladder, use of bubble baths, presence of underlying conditions, such as pelvic inflammatory disorders, tuberculosis, gynecological cancer, lupus, Crohn’s disease and endometriosis are the other causative factors, which result in cystitis.
Common symptoms of cystitis are low grade fever, blood in the urine, persistent urge to urinate, discomfort in the pelvic region, burning sensation, pressure in the lower abdominal region, strong smelling urine and passage of small amount of urine.
Treatment of Cystitis
Antibiotics are the commonly used for cystitis treatment. Symptoms disappear within a few days. Antibiotics are taken for three days. A dose of antibiotic, right after sexual activity proves beneficial in many. Nerve stimulation makes use of electrical impulses, which aids in the elimination of pelvic pain.
Home Remedies for Cystitis
Try these simple steps to get rid of cystitis!
- Cystitis Home Remedies with Spinach: Equal proportion of coconut water with spinach juice acts as an excellent diuretic.
- Cystitis Home Remedies with Drumstick flowers: Extract the juice of drumstick flowers. Add half a teaspoon of the juice with a glass of buttermilk.
- Cystitis Home Remedies with Barley: Mix some lemon juice and buttermilk, with a gruel made with barley. It is taken twice a day, as it is a highly effective remedy.
- Cystitis Home Remedies with Cucumber juice: Cucumber juice is taken with fresh lime juice and honey. It is taken thrice a day.
- Cystitis Home Remedies with Radish Leaves: A cup of radish leaf juice is useful against cystitis.
- Cystitis Home Remedies with Sandalwood Oil: About five drops of sandalwood oil is useful for cystitis. Take this oil with a teaspoon of carom seeds in a glass of water.
- Cystitis Home Remedies with Bergamot Oil: When used in bathing, Bergamot essential oil can soothe inflammation and help alleviate vaginal itching and cystitis
Tips for Cystitis
Enough hydration helps in the flushing of the irritants and toxins. Avoid the usage of bubble baths and other irritants, such as spermicides and other jellies. Do not refrain from visiting the toilet. Showers are better than bubble baths. Bladder emptying right after intercourse is helpful. Drink a glass of water, so as to make the step easy. Splash some water on the private areas, after using the toilet.