Home Remedies for Dizziness
Dizziness refers to the feeling of weakness and lightheadedness in an individual. Dizziness leads to rigorous spinning which is called vertigo. The individual is unsteady and weak. The feeling is quite similar to that of the person sitting on a merry-go-round.
Causes of Dizziness
Dizziness might be life threatening in some individuals. Presence of certain underlying conditions, such as stroke, tumor or inner ear problem results in dizziness. Other contributing factors for dizziness are arrhythmia, high or low blood pressure, emotional disturbances, senility or dementia, headache or migraine, ageing, neuropathy, hardening of the arteries, hypoxia, use of diuretics, tranquilizers, pain relievers, low blood sugar, infections, depression, internal bleeding and endocrine disorders.
Symptoms of Dizziness
The individual experiences a variety of dizziness symptoms. Facial numbness, weakness, headache, confusion, dry mouth, abdominal cramping, chest pain, shortness of breath, faintness, loss of balance, eye pain, loss of vision, poor hearing, headache, weakness and tingling sensation in the extremities, irregular pulse, jaw pain and palpitation.
Treatment for lightheadedness immediately after diagnosis proves helpful. Biochemical parameters are checked, so as to keep a note on the electrolyte levels. Oxygen pumps prove highly effective. Blood transfusion and surgery is helpful in severe cases, such as heart stroke. Intravenous fluids are useful in individuals with dehydration.
Home Remedies for Dizziness
If the cause of dizziness is not serious, instant relief is brought about by certain home remedies!
- Dizziness Treatment with Diet: Eat a healthy diet rich in fresh fruits, vegetables, whole grains and milk. Avoid refined foods and certain drinks, such as coffee, tea, pina colada, iced tea, diet drinks and those which use artificial sweeteners. Alcoholic beverages are not recommended.
- Dizziness Treatment with Rest: Adequate rest, devoid of stress proves beneficial in the prevention of dizziness and other related problems.
- Dizziness Treatment with Lemon Juice: Add black pepper and salt (about one fourth of a teaspoon) to a glass of lemon juice. Drink this for immediate relief.
- Dizziness Treatment from the Kitchen Wardrobe: Take a cup of water and mix one eighth of a teaspoon of nacho pepper, cayenne, salt, mustard, vinegar and nacho cheese.
- Dizziness Treatment with Strawberries: Eat a cup of yoghurt with fresh strawberries, milk and almonds. It provides relief from vertigo.
Tips for Dizziness
Drink adequate amount of water and eat a healthy diet. A walker proves beneficial, so as to prevent sudden injuries. Stand up slowly, after sitting for long hours. Do not give sudden jerks to the body. Go out with a friend or relative. Use anti skid mats and carpets, which prevent your from falling.