Home Remedies for Dark Underarms
Dark underarms may occur due to thick hair on underarms resulting in sweating, itching and skin infection if neglected. It is important to trim or wax your underarms and keep the area clean. Whatever the reason, it is very disheartening if there is bad odor and itchiness. It causes great embarrassment to the person and people around.
Natural treatment for dark underarms
- Waxing armpits regularly is the best hair removal treatment. It lightens the armpits and keeps them clean besides removing hair from the roots. Hair removal creams have chemicals in them so it is best to avoid them. Avoid shaving as it leads to coarse hair growth.
- Rub baking powder on armpits after your bath to soothe the skin.
- Rub lemon slices on the armpit for skin lightening and an astringent effect.
- Wear cotton clothes to keep the area cool and avoid fungal infections.
- Mix cucumber juice and lemon juice in equal proportions with a pinch of turmeric. Apply this mixture on your armpits and sit for 20 mins. Once it is dry, wash it off.
- Alum powder is a good substitute for deodorants which are known to darken skin in some people.
- Chick pea flour, with a teaspoon of sandalwood powder and a pinch of turmeric should be mixed together using lemon juice. Apply this on the affected area and wash off when it dries.
- Clean armpits with water, pat dry and apply some vitamin E oil or coconut oil.
- Use rosewater to moisten sandalwood powder to form a paste. Apply this on underarms. Wash off after it dries.
- Make a paste of 1 tablespoon each of chick pea flour, plain yogurt (curds), milk. Let it dry on your armpits and then wash off with water.
- Make a paste with rosewater and sandalwood and let it dry on your underarms. Wash off with plenty of water.
It is important to realize that some parts of our body such as knees, underarms, elbows are areas of friction and hence darker than other parts. If you do not mind spending more money, then you can get a laser done on your underarms from a qualified person. Laser is an expensive but lifelong solution for hair removal and dark armpits. Natural cures for dark underarms given here are easy quick home solutions so make sure you use these remedies.